Thursday, July 5, 2007

Week 5 of SF Aid's Marathon Training

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."-John Bingham

It is hard to believe that I have already completed a month of training for the Florence Marathon! We still have 5 months to go before hitting the pavement in Florence Italy, November 25, 2007. Thank you to my college buddy Hal Marz for getting me involved with this great cause.

This Saturday we will be running 7 miles...only 19.2 miles to train for. I finally got on the ball this week and got my email solicitation out to a few of my friends and family. Thank you's go out to Sean Murphy of Abbott and to Jorge Maumer to be the first folks to sponsor me. Thank you very much!

I need to raise $4200 by August 17, 2007 so please donate to my marathon run. This blog will be updating on a weekly basis to let everyone know how the training is going and my progress - aches and pains - along the way.

No comments: