Wednesday, July 25, 2007

10 miles...ummm what happened to the alarm clock?

Are you serious we are running 10 miles???!!!!...Yes that was my reaction when I got the email saying we were going to be in the double digits. We just conquered 8 so logically we were only suppose to run 9 miles right? Well someone obviously has not read their training manual very well. Believe you me, I know it by heart now.
Ok, my partner in crime (Misty) and I went to our friend Callum's party the night before at Roe and had a grand 'ole time. (Great party Callum!)
So Misty and I made a pact that if we were too tired to go run Saturday that we would get our sorry butts up at 7am on Sunday and go for our run and that is exactly what we did. The weather was awesome but I can tell you that it was really hard to get motivated, not only that we could not figure out the timing on her brand new running watch...it was comical.
Thank goodness we are back to our group training this Saturday...12 miles this week...definitely
need to get that goo stuff so I can go the distance. Yes the stuff tastes god awful, but it comes in
tiny packages that won't weigh you down...and frankly after running anything tastes good.

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.
W. H. Auden

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thought I'd be the first to leave a comment. Keep up the good work and more pictures on this site please:)