Saturday, July 28, 2007

12 Miles...almost half way there to 26.2

The notion of running 12 miles had me psyched out all week. Running miles in the double digits now is the norm, but this is the first time in my life I have run 12 miles. I made sure I got my GU (god awful stuff...but we are suppose to feed ourselves every 45 minutes, less we bonk) and my water ready for the run. Since we did not have enough water volunteers...we got to run the "less fun route." We started out at Ocean Beach and ran our typical course through the park and once entering the Panhandle verved left...making our way to picturesque Lake Street all the way to 23rd avenue before turning around and running all the way back. The pace was good and the weather perfect - nice and foggy and with some mist to cool us down. Throughout Golden Gate park, folks were setting up for tomorrow's San Francisco marathon. We actually flagged down the Red Bull gals and got our drink on...with only 2 more miles to go...(apparently drinking Red Bull is a no no in marathon training as it has been known to make people have the runs...I doubt anyone wants to be the one who needs to wear "oops I pooped my pants" while running (Saturday Night Live skit). The run was one of the best to date and as we climb higher into the double digits, it becomes less daunting.

Only 3 more weeks left to make my fundraising goal...so PLEASE DONATE to my marathon.
(Mom and Dad...hint hint)

I'm off to take my nap....zzzzzzzzzzz

He who hesitates is a damned fool... -- Mae West

No comments: