Sunday, August 5, 2007

Only 6 miles this week...who would have thought that I would be saying "only"

After the 12 miler last week, I was looking forward to our "light" run of 6 miles. The fog was thick this morning and the mist heavy out at Ocean Beach. We were informed that we would be running up the famed Cliff House Hill...thankfully only up to the Cliff House (not the infamous 7 miler where 3 miles were all uphill ) and then turning around and running along Ocean Beach. We were anxious to get going as it was FREEZING...so off we went up the hill a mile then turning around to take in the surfers out along ocean beach this morning. The pace was easy and the view awesome as we watched the waves crash along our run. It was a piece of cake and definitely a good run that was easy to do. Who would have thought that I would be saying "oh six miles...no problem" at the beginning of this training. Our group leader Todd suggests that we all get together on Tuesday and Thursday for our maintenance runs along Chrissy Field...I think this is a very good idea as we have our 14 mile run coming up next Saturday.
Am I nervous...nah, I just have to remember to eat enough during my run so I do not bonk...I stocked up on powerbars and cliff bars the other morning as Walgreens was having their 3 powerbars for $3 special...that was a deal. Till next week!

People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind. William Butler Yeats

No comments: